Please sign in to vote.
Camden is consulting on making permanent the trial scheme put in during summer 2020:
- Extension of hours of operation to 24/7 – “at all times” for the following bus lanes on Highgate Road:
- the southbound bus lane CMO15 which runs from St Albans Road to Dartmouth Park Road,
- the northbound bus lane CMO16 which runs from Carrol Close (97 Highgate Road) to Wesleyan Place,
- and the southbound bus lane CMO17 which runs from Burghley Road to Fortess Road .
- Waiting and loading restrictions extended to ‘at any time’ in all bus lanes.
- Addition of two loading bays outside 109-111 Highgate Road in CMO16 and outside 12 Highgate Road in CMO17 with hours of operation of 7pm-7am for loading for commercial properties.
They also propose the following new measures
- the extension of the existing southbound bus lane “CMO15” to the north, up to the roundabout with Swains Lane
- the removal of paid-for/permit parking bays along Highgate Road to remove existing pinch points and facilitate the extension of the bus lane (10 outside the tennis courts and 18 opposite Grove Terrace).
- the introduction of ‘at any time’ waiting and loading restrictions at the junction of Highgate Road and Carrol Close, to improve road user and pedestrian safety